It is THAT time of year again. The time when venues begin getting emails that say, “Our date is October 20th, 2019- do you have that open?” We don’t, and we have had it booked for a year and a half. We have heard horror stories of brides sending out Save The Dates and then not being able to find a venue.
October is the busiest time of year for venues. The other busiest times are the rest of the year! Sometimes August can be slow – but we have all our August dates booked.
If you are just wanting a particular date – you will always need to book early. Yes – we have 10-10-20 already booked 19 months early.
We understand that there are special dates – but the venue makes the wedding, not the date! Please be flexible with your dates. If the date is reflective of important family events, first dates, proposals – remember that it is always nice to have something new to celebrate!
Important Factors for Looking for a Venue:
- Will it fit the amount of people you are inviting – or are you willing to invite less?
- Is there a great back-up plan if it is an outside venue?
- If you are having several bridesmaids – are there enough electrical outlets and room for you to all get ready?
- How difficult and expensive will it be to decorate the venue?
- How flexible are the staff with your needs and requirements?
- Who will be there the day of your wedding for emergencies?
- Are there hotels near by?
Oh…there are so many more – please know we LOVE helping to guide you towards the right venue if ours is not a good fit. We are professionals and love to share our knowledge.